Sunday, January 27, 2013

Summer Breeze...


My husband loves batiks and has wanted to make a quilt using them for some time, so it was no surprise when he found a bag full of batik scraps at a local quilt shop (Stitch n Frame ) he snatched them up.  

He chose a very basic modern geometric look that highlights the batiks.. and one he got started making blocks, he couldn't stop. I have shared here before, hubs is a big tall guy and he tends to make big quilts!  This one is NO exception!  Here is the top laying over our kingsize bed...




It is very summery looking to me, so I have dubbed it Summer Breeze... which of course means every time I see it I start singing Seals and Croft (anyone here old enough to know who that is?)

This one is going to be a booger to quilt!  But I have no doubt the mad quilter will knock it out in no time!

No comments: