Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Colors for a Summer Baby

A sweet young couple in our church just welcomed Baby #3 into their family... yesterday in fact!  When I heard the nursery was bright colors.. pink, teal and orange.. I knew this was going to be a fun quilt to make!  I went with a really simple nine patch pattern and let the fabric do the talking!  And oh the fabric!  The nine patches are from scraps on hand in the stash. Some of the larger quares are from stash fabric, but a few were purchased just for this project. I think the colors are very summery and very fitting a little girl born in Summer. 


The Mad Quilter quilted it using orange thread creating fun linear patterns (so architectural! LOL) I how it looks on the back.  It adds a whole new dimension to this already fun quilt. The back, by the way, is a vintage sheet in the softest pink color.. and feels just as soft. So sweet. This was fun to make.. I would take one for myself!

Lots more has been happening in sewing central. Completed top (soon to be quilted)... finished quilt.. pincushions galore.. photos coming soon!

"Belle"

No comments: