Saturday, April 10, 2010

Comfort Quilt


Recently an online quilting buddy went through a series of treatments. One of our mutual friends made her the sweetest quilt using fabric that has certain Psalms already printed on it. I have made a quilt before for a friend going through chemo, but never with the Bible verses. I loved that ! I am a firm believer in the power of God's Word.. Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the Word is alive and active and I can attest to the fact that that is TRUE! Now I don't think a quilt made with Bible verse fabric is magical.. not at all! But it will remind its recipient of the promises of God. So when a dear friend received a devastating diagnosis, I knew I had to make her a Comfort Quilt. I used the Psalms fabric and I also found some really lovely Faith, Hope, Love and Joy Fabric. This is a lap size quilt.. went together super fast. My hubby, who is the speediest quilter I know, quilted it for me in a flash! I love how it turned out. Here are some more pictures:

No comments: