Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Robotic Fun

I was able to whip up the top for the www.QuiltsForKids.org quilt in 2 afternoons (about 2 hours total), I think it turned out really cute and will be a fun cheery print for some little fella. I love the fabric I received in my quilt kit. I will get some batting later this week and get it sandwiched and quilted soon. I have to include a name for the quilt on my label. Any ideas?

When I signed up for this, the information I read encouraged the quilter to make a 2nd quilt from their own stash if they could. Tonight I found some leftover Disappearing 9 Patch blocks that I made for a little girl's quilt. I need a few more and I will have enough to make another quilt. So I will be able to send 2 quilts back.

I really do want to encourage quilters to check out the Quilts for Kids site and consider participating in this program. It is a great way to use your talent to minister to someone else. Please note they require all piecing and quilting be done by machine, so if you only hand quilt then this program will not work for you.

"Belle"

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

LOL! I'm always so jealous of folks who are able "to whip out a top in two days"! :) I ordered and just received my first quilt kit from the organization this week. I'm excited to get to it!

Found you on QuiltingBloggers.com; happy I did--I enjoyed wandering through your posts! Have a great weekend. :)