Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Real Men Quilt!

I am married to a "real" man... he is 6'5"... a big fella... no one would ever call him girlie... and so it surprises folks to learn that he quilts! When I started quilting in the Spring of 2004, he was my encourager.. then he became my assistant..he would iron fabric for me and cut it.. we brain stormed.. he helped me get refocused when I got frustrated. I would half-jokingly say "You should make a quilt one day... you would probably be better at it than me." So last fall, he decided to give it a try and now he is hook! He is a much faster quilter than I am. His time is limited, so when he gets a project going he becomes a bit single minded and works on it in all his "spare" time until it is done. He actually has a stack of tops ready to be quilted, so this weekend we sandwiched one and he quilted it in less than 24 hours. This is no small quilt... it is 80" x 90". The quilting is simple straight line quilting...but very effective. I especially love the back! I plan to spend lots of time cuddled up under this one once the winter temps come South! "Belle"




No comments: