Went with a very simple pattern to show up the fabrics... most of which were gifts from one of my sweet quilting sisters who lives in Baton Rouge and likes those purple and gold kitties too. Once I got the blocks done and the top together, the hubster quilted it up and it was time to bind away. And there was the problem. What to use for the binding strips. There was plenty of the gray used for the border, but it seemed.. well boring. I liked several of the fabric used in the quilt, but there wasn't enough of any to cut binding strips. So off to the quilt store we went and there we found a cut purple with gold polka dot print (we used the reverse of it in the quilt). I think it turned out great... gives it a bit of childlike whimsy. Afterall, this is a kid's quilt!
Next week it will wind its way down the road in a big brown truck to Tigerville where I feel certain it will be received with love.