Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Colorful Summer!

My husband loves batiks and has wanted to make a quilt using them for some time. He has bought up several scrap bags of batik scraps at our LQS and been saving them for just the right project. Well, he came up with 2.. so far!  Both of these tops have been shown on here, but he quilted them in the last few weeks and I wanted to show off the finished product!

Here is the first one.. Summer Breeze.  Very modern looking quilt.



And here is the 2nd one that we were calling Summer Breeze 2, but its final name is Island Breeze. Not quite as modern looking as the first one, but still not super traditional. This one is my favorite of the 2. I love the purple border and the focal fabric.



So when I am cold next winter, I will pull out a bit of summer sunshine to warm me up!

"Belle"

No comments: