Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Planning the next project....

I have made several kid/baby quilts using the Disappearing Nine Patch method and really like it. I recently saw this BIG Scrappy Version and fell in love...



And so I have decided to make a scrappy DNP for the sofa here.  I did go and look at some other ways to lay it out..







But as of now I think I am going to go with the same layout as the nig ole scrappy one... but larger blocks!

And I am thinking of backing it with flannel and using no batting. This creates a very lightweight quilt that will be great to use in the summer here. Yes, we do use quilts at times in the summer despite the heat and humidity of the Deep South. :-)

There are many tutorials for making this easy pattern online.  Here are a few:

Disappearing Nine Patch

DNP - The Easy Way

Chickpea Studio's Way

Cluck Cluck Sew's Version

So today I start pulling out stacks of 5" charms (I have lots!).  Sewing Central was disassembled to become the Dining Room for Easter, so hopefully I can get it set back up in the next day or so and start sewing together some 9 patches!

"Belle"

No comments: