Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What a Hoot!

Owls are the rage right now.. as they have been many times in the past. Last year my daughter asked me to whip up some bibs and burp cloths for a friend who was having a little girl. She mentioned that they loved owls.  I found the cutest fabric and ordered much more than I needed. Whipped up a bib and burp cloth and set the rest aside for future use.

Well that use arrived.  A sweet young couple in our church had baby #2 in Dec. When I learned the nursery was going to be done in bright pink, lime green, white and sky blue I knew I had just the right fabric.. the owls!  I grabbed it out of my stash, went through my nickle charms and pulled a bunch that would work, sewed a bunch of big nine patches... sliced them into 4ths... put them back together and created this cute Disappearing Nine Patch. I really do like this pattern, especially for baby quilts. It goes together quickly and turns out so cute!




Hubby quilted it basically in-the-ditch, but he kept the lines going from block to block.. creating an implied 9 patch. He used the same petal pink thread he used for Lou's baby quilt (previous post).  I love the way it looks on the back against the lime green!



2 of the 2011 baby quilts down... 1 more to go....

"Belle"

No comments: