Thursday, July 15, 2010

Three Cheers for the Red, White & Blue!!!

A co-worker and friend of my husband's recently returned from his 2nd tour of duty in the Middle East. While gone this time, hubby decided to make a quilt in honor of his friend. I am in love with this quilt! I have already requested one like it... but a tad bit smaller... one for tossing over the back of the couch.  I could not get a really good shot of the whole quilt...










Here is a bit of it up close...




The back is cool too. Several folks donated fabric as he was working on this.  Someone gave us these neat panels.  The muslin used on the back and for the big label is a good quality Kona Cotton Muslin.  He took the part with the panels to his office and had folks sign it and write notes to their co-worker.  It looks soo good!




I know this will be a treasured gift for the recipient.... I cannot wait to hear about his reaction!  And I am thankful for a hubby who uses his gifts to bless others! He is a keeper!

"Belle"

No comments: