Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Charm Party Walker Bag

I adapted the Charm Party tote bag pattern and created a walker bag for my mom. We were both pleased with how it turned out. I even remembered to put pockets inside this time... on her last bag I failed to do that! There are 3 things I will do different on her next one (which she wants to be another Charm Party version)... one is to put the top tabs on the back instead of the front (that was a mistake! so they button on the back)... I will also position those top tabs a bit further apart to make it a tad easier to get into the bag ... and last I made the tabs like I normally make the handles for the Charm Party Tote.. so you end up with 2 layers of fabric and 2 layers of fusible fleece. It is so thick, that is made creating button holes difficult. I will work it so there is only 1 layer of fleece next time.

1 comment:

Cornfield Quilter said...

What a cool idea!! I will definately be doing some of these. Thanks!