Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Step 1 started.....


Bonnie posted step 1 of her newest mystery Quilt - Orange Crush - yesterday... and I wasted no time gather up my strips and heading to the sewing machine. Unfortunately I keep having detours and haven't gotten as much done as I wanted. I am piecing together a dark strips with light strips as Bonnie instructed. I even have some pressed open and ready to cut into small 2 patches (which will be sewn together into 150 4 -patch units!) I have 2 weeks to get these done before Step 2 is posted. Which should be plenty of time. After all I only have those to piece, a quilt for a 4/26 wedding to finish (the blocks are done), a Round Robin center to create, house to clean, family to feed, work, laundry..... no big deal! Lots of "free" time!


Off to move clothes from washer to dryer... towels from floor to washer... and then fabric strips through the sewing machine!


"Belle"

6 comments:

Tracy said...

You have plenty of time:) Gld you don't have too much to do! LOL

I am grateful for the two weeks. I am hoping to finish step 1 soon then quilt a baby quilt before Step 2.

Amanda said...

I'm glad we've got two weeks before the next step of OC. I'm trying to make a quilt for my husband's birthday on the 15th, and he keeps taking time owed off from work, so it's getting a bit tight.

Roslyn said...

Are your four patches done yet?
Roslyn

Roslyn said...

Are your 4 patches done yet?
Roslyn

BarbC said...

Almost! I had to sew some more strips together... didn't quite have enough. I am hoping to be done today. I will post a picture when they are complete!

Barb

Kucki68 said...

I have not begun mine yet, but love 4 patches!