Monday, January 3, 2011

Fabric Finds and 2 More UFOs done

Late last week hubby and I ran to get some quilt basting spray and just happened to peruse the fabric while shopping. We  bought a few goodies.  Actually we were very restrained!

We found some lovely Christmas fabrics to add to our already packed boxes of Christmas fabric... but it was marked down so low, how could we resist!

A love red on red and this gorgeous poinsettia print:



These 3 Kings are too cute!



The blue fabric in this picture was also labeled a Christmas fabric,  but it isn't headed to the Christmas stash. It doesn't look distinctly Christmassy to me.  I think it will be cute in a quilt for a little boy or girl. The cream TOT next to it was another great buy and there is always a need here for neutrals!



I have 2 baby quilts to make. One for a little boy whose nursery is Jungle Themed in fun bright colors. I think this jungle fabric will be just the thing for him. So fun!  The other is for a little girl whose nursery has no theme, but is done in pinks and greens. I don't think her mommy will mind some purple tossed in. I will begin the girlie quilt soon as she has a shower at the end of January.



The Mad Quilter (a.k.a. my sweet husband)  has been busy at work. He finished up 2 more tops that have been sitting on a shelf for 2 or 3 years. There is a cute coin quilt with a fun bandana fabric border. And some very fun quilting. Hubby has been having fun while working on UFOs.






And there is this mammoth quilt... ok, it isn't really mammoth, but it is big!  He used a gold thread and once again had fun with the quilting.



I haven't done as much sewing as I need to.... can't get motivated. I work part-time... deal with finances... the end of a year is not a lot of fun for me and it doesn't end on 12/31.. but soon!  Plus there is a baby quilt to start... I love making baby quilts!  No doubt that will motivate me. I have worked on some more fabric covers for journals. I will post pix of them soon.

"Belle"

No comments: